Sunday 14 September 2014

Dsg & Hepworth ...


So 2 lots of shooting. Firstly a quick trip to Hepworth hall to shoot 120 bird supersporting, sir George had shot a 119 and several others between 105 and 114 so thought it must be a sensible round then to my surprise saw a 107/8 in C class . That would take some Beating and told mr Dyson I'm going after 100. 
I started on stand 5 half way through the round and joined a team shooting the auto layout . Those who haven't shot supersporting it's 3 targets per stand . Generally a o/r b , a o/r c then you repeat those combinations then finish with b and c simmo. Historically I haven't shot simmo well however it seemed to be my day. I had one or two targets throughout the round I struggled with. Notably a quartering right to left rabbit on 8 or 9 . Also I struggled with a white going away bird over the pond and then a left to right close white bird for the better of me a couple of times . Other than that I was delighted with my shooting and finished with a 103. That left me second Saturday morning and it kept me there for the rest of the weekend. It was good to shoot with some new people notably Natasha and to shoot with Phil moss for the first time.

Saturday afternoon I shot at Nottingham with the DSG . It was a really disappointing turn out to be honest only 6 turning up. Just 4 members. 

We started on skeet and I started really goo getting to peg 4 not missing a bird then I missed the right to left single. I then missed peg 6 single right to left and also missed low house on peg 7 single . All silly birds and a 22 which really should have been a 23 minimum. Darrel and Jamie pipped me by 1 and Adrian tied with me.
We then went onto dtl and I changed to 1/4 1/4 choke . I probably should have gone tighter but stuck them in thinkin I wouldn't have to change for the rest of the day. Again I started strong shooting my first 6 with first barrell. Then had a couple of  second barrells and a couple I misses. However I finished appalling missing 3 of my last 4 birds ending on a 20. Jamie shot a 21. 
Onto the most exciting the sporting . It wa very steady and shot over 4 stands. I only dropped 2 clays giving me a 28/30 . Adrian and Darrel shot mid twenties and Jamie tied with me on 28. So we shot another stand to decide and i pipped him.
After a short break we shot the sportrap which was difficult mainly down to having more than 5 targets so you really had to think about the combinations . Again started well with a 5 and a 5 but then some tricky birds meant I slipped down to a 20/25 in the end . Again Jamie pipped me with a 21.
The 4 disabled shooters shot very strong it was just a shame more didn't manor the effort to attend Nottingham really looked after us with good reffing and targets.

So all in all a successful weekend .

Roll on dartford on 27th sept

No comments:

Post a Comment